Valentine’s Day is only, a couple days away and I wanted to give you this cute idea. I’m foregoing the Honduras Mission’s post today. Valentine’s Day is so important for letting the ones you love, know it in a special way. It doesn’t have to be expensive, but take time out of your busy schedules to let them know. So many times, we get so busy and don’t tell them how much we love them, until it’s too late. This Valentine Date Night Ideas in a Craft Jar idea is just the thing to help you along.
Lowri over at Paper Vine has a great tutorial on making this cute Date Night Jar.
Aren’t these little boxes so cute? You make up twelve dates, put them into the little containers, glue them shut, and put them into the jar. Every month you pick one out and sometime during that month you and your hubbie make time to go on that date. Here are the tutorial pics to help you along in making them. Paper Vine has the whole tutorial on her site.
You use double sided tape and put it on the three ends of the paper. Make a roll, seal it, and then pinch closed the one end that has the tape on to seal it. Put the piece of paper with the date suggestion into it and close the other end. You can crimp the end closes with a paper crimper or glue, tape, or punch a hole and tie a ribbon on it.
Here are some Date Night suggestions:
- Blanket, hot chocolate or lemonade (depending on your climate), and stargazing.
- Backyard, tent, sleeping bags.
- Find a local band in the park, lounge chairs, and packs lunches or snacks.
- Go out for pizza and a movie – call ahead and ask them to make your pizza in the shape of a heart.
- Rent a seasons worth of a favorite TV show and make a couple of nights that you will watch them back to back together with each other. Add some fudge and popcorn.
- Put on you jammies, buy some take-out chicken (or make it yourself) and find a drive- in movie.
- Brunch and a matinee.
- Dress up your backyard picnic table with a white tablecloth. Add candles, fancy cheese, chocolate and there you have it, five-star fun.
- Too cold or wet to have a backyard picnic, spread out a blanket in your family room or bed room and have a carpet picnic there.
- Fly a kite. Don’t stop having fun like a kid just because you’re over 50.
- Take a hayride.
- Hold a kiss for an elevator ride.
- Give each other 100 kisses in three hours.
- Map out a long bike ride and stop and smell the roses.
- Take a drive and stop to have lunch at a “greasy spoon”…not any well know chain restaurant.
- Take a night or weekend and find an out- of- the- way bed and breakfast.
- Blanket, packed lunch, beach, and a frisbee.
- Go to a museum, local theater or local art studio or festival.
- Go out to dinner but eat backwards…dessert first, main entree, and the appetizer.
- Take a traveling supper date…eat the appetizer at one place, the main entree at another, and the dessert and a different place.
I think this list can get you started. Don’t stop having fun just because you’ve been together so long. Don’t lose the excitement in your marriage. These aren’t just for married people but are great dates for anyone. If you make a jar and it’s different than this share it with me. Valentine Date Night Ideas in a Craft Jar is awaiting you…what are you waiting for?
We may have met by chance…but we become friends by choice.