Soup Kitchen Recipes – Chicken Alfredo Soup
Soup, soup, soup! I HEART soup. I found this soup recipe for Soup Kitchen Recipes – Chicken Alfredo Soup at Cookin for the Seven Dwarfs. This soup is “comfort food” at it’s best.
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 2 cans (14/14½ oz) chicken broth
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 Tbls. snipped basil
- 2 jars Alfredo sauce (16 oz)
- Alfredo sauce recipe:
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 c. milk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 c. parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder (I use 2 garlic clove, pressed)
- Bring veggies and broth to a boil, covered. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until veggies are crisp and tender. Add diced chicken and alfredo sauce to broth, simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir in basil. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Alfredo Sauce:
- Melt butter, and cream cheese, add garlic powder. Stir until smooth, then add milk, and parmesan cheese.
You can cut down the time on this recipe if you are in a hurry after work or a busy day, by using canned alfredo sauce and an already- cooked chicken, like a rotisserie. I prefer to make my own alfredo sauce. You can’t top it. Serve this with my Vadalia Onion Custard Bread that you can find here.
Soup Kitchen Recipes – Chicken Alfredo Soup is Mmm-mmm good!
We may have met by chance…but we become friends by choice.