20 Uses for Vicks VapoRub
When I was a child, I remember my mother rubbing Vicks on my chest or putting it in the little cup in the vaporizer. It worked good to open up my congested nose. I don’t know what happened, but I never used it for my children. I, also, would see my patients in the nursing home, stuffing it up their noses. (ewww!) I have a list for you…the Top Tip for Today-20 Uses for Vicks VapoRub. I found these at various places on the web and I found a recipe at DIY Diva to make your own VapoRub which I will share with you, also.
- 1/2 cup olive oil or almond oil or coconut oil
- 2 level tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
- 20 drops of Eucalyptus Oil
- 20 drops Peppermint Oil
- 10 drops Rosemary Oil
- 10 drops cinnamon or clove oil (optional)
How To Make Vapor Rub:
- Melt beeswax with olive oil/almond oil in a double boiler or in the microwave until just melted.
- Add the essential oils (use half the amount for a baby version or dilute with coconut oil before using)
- Stir until well mixed and pour into some type of container with a lid to store. Little tins work well, as do small jars. I also always make a few in lip chap sticks to keep in my purse or use on baby feet.
20 Uses for Vicks VapoRub
- Relieve chest congestion-rub it on your chest and/or put into a humidifier that has a little compartment holder for oils.
- Rub on the bottoms of your little footsies (feet, just being cutesy tutesy) to stop coughing at nighttime. Cover them with socks.
- Rub on cuts or scrapes to encourage fast healing and prevent infection.
- Rub on your aching muscles.
- Apply on nail fungus for about 2 weeks. The nail will turn dark as it kills the fungus and it will grow out.
- Athletes feet-apply twice a day to heal.
- Plantars warts-apply twice daily. ( I would, personally, try this before going to a doctor to cut them out. Oww!) But I would never advise anyone not to see a doctor-that’s your personal choice.
- Ear pain/infection-place a small amount on a cotton ball and place in ear for immediate relief.
- Eczema- apply for reduction of itch and reduce the inflammation.
- Dry and cracked heels-apply 2 times a day.
- Jock itch-apply 2 times a day. Don’t scratch it!!! Only pat it. It can develop into a dermatitis and then an infection.
- Hemorrhoids-apply twice a day for relief of symptoms.
- Professional racers smother VapoRub under the nostrils of racehorses on race day. The strong stench deters the stallions from the alluring odor of the female pony and keeps them focused on the race. via: Divine Caroline.
- Put a little in areas where you don’t want your animals to pee pee when housebreaking.
- Dab a little on your skin and clothing to deter mosquitoes from biting you.
- Stop cats from scratching your furniture-put little in areas that they like to scratch.
- Acne-apply to pimples several times a day.
- Stretch marks-apply to the area and should see a difference in 2 weeks.
- Sinus headache-put vicks under your nose and take some deep breaths.
- And lastly…this is a good one…Stage Tears??? put a little under your eyes NOT ON YOUR LIDS or in your eyes, and it will create tears. Whatever floats your boat!
There are a few more uses for Vicks. See another here on November 7th post . If you are interested in more uses, go to the sites highlighted above: Divinecaroline and DIY Diva. So I think that’s the Top Tip for Today-20 Uses for Vicks VapoRub.
We may have met by chance…but we become friends by choice…
[easyazon-block align="left" asin="B003CP15G8" locale="us"]
[easyazon-block align="left" asin="B008GFRDL0" locale="us"]