Best Darn Chili Ever!
Today is a special day for me. It’s my birthday! How old am I, you ask? Never mind. Today, I am continuing with January’s Soup Kitchen Recipes, but this recipe Best Darn Chili Ever is also, good for the Super Bowl party that you are going to have.
I love Chili but it doesn’t always love me, if you know what I mean? But this will be good on a cold, wintery night. Just don’t go anywhere where there’s a lot of people in a close area. Again, if you know what I mean?
- 2 lbs. ground beef or 1lb. gr. beef and 1lb. of loose sausage
- 6 – 15 oz. cans of kidney beans
- 2 cans of tomato soup
- 1-10 to 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 T minced garlic
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 to 4 T of chili powder (adjust according to your preferences
- If you like it real hot add ½ to 1 tsp. cayenne pepper and if you like it hotter you can add 1 tsp. of hot sauce.
- Brown ground meat with onion, garlic, and green peppers. Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil and reduce temperature to simmer for at least 2 hours. Longer if possible but stir in order for it not to stick to the bottom of the pot and burn.
The secret ingredient is cinnamon. Oops, now it isn’t secret anymore. Serve this with corn chips on top or first put them in the bowl with the chili on top. You can top the chili with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. Corn bread goes nice with this, also. This is for sure, the Best Darn Chili Ever! For another soup recipe go here.
We may have met by chance…but we become friends by choice.