Gramma’s Natural Home Remedies for Cirrhosis of the Liver
We are mounting stress on our livers through environmental and food toxins. There are ways that can prevent or turn back the damage with Natural Home Remedies for Cirrhosis of the Liver.
What is Cirrhosis of the Liver? Cirrhosis is a consequence of chronic liver disease characterized by replacement of liver tissue by fibrosis, scar tissue and regenerative nodules (lumps that occur as a result of a process in which damaged tissue is regenerated), leading to loss of liver function. Cirrhosis is most commonly caused by alcoholism, hepatitis B and hepatitis C, and fatty liver disease, but has many other possible causes. Some cases are of unknown cause.
The most common symptoms of cirrhosis of the liver are frequent attacks of indigestion, occasional nausea and vomiting. Other symptoms are low grade fever, abdominal pain, and foul breath. Cirrhosis of the liver can be caused by excessive use of alcohol, toxicity of the liver and poor nutrition. In advance stages there may be distended veins in the abdomen, jaundice skin and sclera, and acites. (retention of fluids in the abdomen, bloated) The natural way of treating cirrhosis is probably the best way.
What Would Gramma Do?
- One of the most popular and effective home remedy for cirrhosis of liver would be to have 8 oz. glass of spinach juice. To be more effective, add 10 oz. of carrot juice to it.
- Including carbohydrates in the diet would be helpful in curing liver cirrhosis. This isn’t good for diabetics.
- Salads are very helpful.
- Drink buttermilk with some roasted cumin seeds sprinkled over it is an effective treatments for liver cirrhosis.
- Papaya seeds also work effectively in curing liver cirrhosis. Grind some papaya seed. Add to the powdery form of papaya seeds, 10 drops of lime juice. Take one to two times a day for about a month.
- extract the juice of the herb eclipta. 1 tsp of its juice should be mixed with 1 tsp of honey and consumed three times a day.
- Radishes can help cure cirrhosis. Either a person can take it raw along with the tender stem or make a juice out of it and have it empty stomach every day.
- There are liver detox supplements on the market also. But check with a doctor or nutritionist to see if they are safe for a cirrhotic liver.
- Always use these remedies along with the doctor’s advise.
One unique quality about a liver, it has the capacity to heal and regenerate itself. Abstain from alcoholic beverages or strong chemical toxins. Start a diet conducive to heal the liver. Try one or more of these Natural Home Remedies for Cirrhosis of the Liver.
We may have met by chance…but we become friends by choice.