Bakin’ Up Chocolate Sandwich Christmas Cookies
Like the cookies yesterday, these bring color to your cookie tray. Bakin’ Up Some Chocolate Sandwich Christmas Cookies aren’t just for Christmas but it’s Christmas time…come on already, get into the spirit. All cookies right now are Christmas cookies.
I’ve been making these for many Christmases when my boys were little and now they are men. I had found them at Taste of Home.
- 2 packages devil’s food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup canola oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and/or green food coloring
- In a bowl, beat cake mixes, eggs and oil (batter will be very stiff). Roll into 1-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheets and flatten slightly. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until a slight indentation remains when lightly touched. Cool.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese and butter. Add sugar and vanilla; mix until smooth. If desired, tint with food coloring. Spread on bottom of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
These are so simple to make but are impressive and pretty. This is the time of the year that memories are made. When the women in the family can get together… moms, grammys, sisters, daughter, and sons (I only had boys and we had fun) and bake together. It is work but getting together to bake can be fun and many memories are made. That’s what life is memories…precious memories with your family. I think that this is what God intended for families to have fun together while helping each other. See you tomorrow to bake up more Christmas cookies.
We may have met by chance…but we become friends by choice.