12 Natural Home Remedies for Fever Blisters
Fever blisters or what some may call them, cold sores are painful and ugly looking. We try to cover them with make up or just don’t get our pictures taken until they are healed. 12 Natural Home Remedies for Fever Blisters can be effective.
What are fever blisters or cold sores? They’re small, fluid-filled blisters that can be painful. They can erupt on the lips, gums, nose, or roof of the mouth. You may experience pain, tingling, or itching one or two days prior to the appearance of the fever blister. They’re caused by the herpes simplex virus and are contagious. The life cycle of a fever blister is seven to ten days. It’s a virus that lies dormant in your body and there are some common triggers that trigger the appearance of that nasty blister. They are, exposure to the sun, fever, a cold, and stress especially, in women during menstruation.
What Would Gramma Do?
- Rub ice on the blister for 10 minutes every hour at first site of the fever blister. It should halt the virus from going to the skin.
- Lemon balm has antiviral properties. It should lessen the symptoms and speeds up the healing process.
- Lysine has been found to inhibit the spread of the herpes simplex virus. Lysine supplements may help to shorten the time of the cold sore. Recommended dose that I found is to take 1,000 mg three times a day. Lysine is an essential amino acid that we can get through food or supplements.
- First signs of a fever blister, apply juice of Aloe Vera plant. It will start the healing process and not allow the blister to grow.
- Peppermint oil applied should speed up the healing process.
- Grapefruit seed extract – mix 1 or 2 drops with aloe and apply it to the blister.
- Black tea-steep a tea bag as you would normally, make a cup of tea and apply the bag to the sore. The blister should be gone in a few days.
- Rhubarb and sage cream – It can be as effective as topical aciclovir cream. But the combination is what makes this remedy effective.
- Table salt-put some on your finger that is moistened and press it on the sore for a couple of minutes twice a day for 2-3 days.
- Vick Vapo Rub-dab it onto the cold sore area at first sign of tingling and until it’s gone. See here for more uses of Vicks Vapo-Rub.
- Dab a little Baking Soda on it a few times a day.
- Change your toothpaste to a toothpaste that doesn’t have Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. You may have to get it online, like Squigle.
There is a Natural Homemade Medicine e-book, you may be interested in. He, also, has a free gift for you. Click here. So, the next time you get a fever blister, try one of the above 12 Natural Home Remedies for Fever Blisters.
We may have met by chance…but we become friends by choice.
[easyazon-block align="left" asin="B001G7R554" locale="us"]
[easyazon-block align="left" asin="B0062C2IKA" locale="us"]